(recipe courtesy of NutriFit - www.nutrifitonline.com)
¼ tsp. Dry Mustard
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 oz. fresh Mozzarella Cheese
9 fresh Basil Leaves, washed, dried and stemmed
¼ Cup fresh Italian Parsley, finely chopped
Fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
1 Clove Garlic, minced
4 Italian Plum Tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 tsp. Salt
1. For dressing, combine vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, and pepper in small bowl. Add oil in slow steady stream, whisking until oil is thoroughly blended.
2. Slice tomatoes and cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Trim cheese slices to size of tomato slices.
3. Place tomato and cheese slices in large shallow bowl or glass baking dish. Pour dressing over slices. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours, turning slices occasionally.
4. Layer basil leaves with largest leaf on bottom, then roll up jelly-roll fashion. Slice basil, roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices; separate into strips.
5. Arrange tomato and cheese slices alternately on serving plate or 4 individual salad plates. Sprinkle with basil strips; drizzle with remaining dressing.